Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of grounds, amenities, building
exteriors district office, pool and recreation areas, parking lots and other areas surrounding the communities.
• Remove trash from grounds, office areas, homes and surrounding community perimeter on a daily basis.
• Details interior and exterior areas on a regular basis using general cleaning tools and equipment (i.e. Poer Washer, broom, mop,
vacuum, rake or blower to keep entry areas, sidewalks, streets and walking areas clean of debris, dust, leaves and
• May help with snow shoveling (where applicable) of sidewalks and other main entry areas.
• Assists with various physical tasks as directed; carrying and removal of abandoned furniture, tools, appliances, and
• Assists with repairs, replacement and installation of window and door screens, lightbulb and other fixtures.
• Helps clean and maintain storage and shop areas.
• Assists maintenance technicians when needed.
• May perform minor interior and exterior touch up painting/caulking.
• Performs any additional routine cleaning / maintenance on property as requested as needed or directed.
• Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, community and/or common areas to management.
• Demonstrates the appropriate and safe use of standard hand and power tools, equipment and machinery.
• Participates in and attends various department or regional meetings, resident or community events, seminars, and
other work-related events.
• Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment and LMH
Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
• Understands and follows safe work practices for all trades, including but not limited to: Lockout Tag-out, Confined
Space Entry, use of hazardous chemicals, use of Personal Protective Equipment, Ladder Safety, and working from
Elevated Surfaces. Performs any additional routine maintenance on property as requested by supervisor.
Typical responsibilities include: Frequent walking and monitoring of upkeep and cleanliness of grounds, district office and
clubhouse, fitness room, restrooms, pool and recreation areas, restrooms and surrounding areas of the community.
• Entry level to 6 months of general custodial/ maintenance experience.
• Beginning level understanding of grounds maintenance.
• Ability to use hand and power tools and cleaning equipment applicable to job requirements.
• Communication and effective interaction with co-workers, managers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or
convey information and to give and receive work direction.
• Ability to operate motor vehicle (valid license required)
• Basic computer skills preferred. (PC / mobile device)
Internal Number: Norfolk
About Lincoln Military Housing
Lincoln Property Company was founded in 1965 as a developer and manager of high-quality residential communities. Their national reputation for successful management of their own properties quickly attracted a large client base of owners and investors who recognized the value that they could provide in development, property management and real estate consulting services, so they added third party management to their lines of service.
Lincoln Military Housing (LMH) was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. The mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's servicemen and women. Since its inception almost 15 years ago, Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Lincoln Military Housing not only provides professional property management and 24-hour maintenance services, the company prides itself in providing community building activities free to all residents. Lincoln Military Housing is available for members of the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines as well as Coast Guard and National Guard.
In making applicati...on for employment, you authorize LMH to make an investigation of your employment and personal history including conducting personal and employment-related references with former employers, neighbors, friends or others with whom you are acquainted. You understand that any subsequent offer of employment will be contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a more extensive background check occurring post offer. If you are extended an offer of employment, you must authorize LMH to conduct such further investigation including, but not limited to, a post-offer drug screen, a criminal background and credit check through investigative and/or credit agencies or bureaus of LMH's's choice.