Equity Residential is an S&P 500 real estate company and an industry leading multi-family REIT, headquartered in downtown Chicago. Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community and striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together. That's what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
As the Sr. Human Resources Analyst, you will be responsible for the design, development and execution of reporting and analytical solutions that measure HR department results against its people business strategy. In addition, this position assumes the lead for key employee data reporting and analytical solutions to facilitate informed and accurate HR metrics, regulatory compliance, and the integration of multiple systems and data including our Business Intelligence (BI) platform for strategic business outcomes. The Sr. Human Resources Analyst will serve as the subject-matter expert and provide guidance and support to Senior Management on employee data and its relationship to other business data, systems, and tools. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask, think strategically, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills. Expect to be a key member of the company's HR team, which means you'll have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of projects, from supporting users across BI, SABA, and HCM platforms to developing relevant reporting, analyzing trends, developing and launching surveys and recommending solutions that support the HR function. Above all, you'll have a direct hand in developing, tracking, and driving the organization's people initiatives.
WHO YOU ARE
- Analytical. You are comfortable building models, analyzing data, interpreting survey data, and evaluating trends. Without a doubt, you've got strong quantitative skills and you know how to apply them accordingly across a variety of data-related activities.
- Knowledgeable. You understand and document data flow and processes. You're savvy with manipulating data and identifying relevant trends. You have experience evaluating employee data, deducing trends and/or correlations, diagnosing issues, and recommending corresponding actions. In addition, you have a broad-based familiarity with Human Resources programs, regulations, and best practices.
- Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear, articulate, and effective, demonstrating your ability to interact with all levels and various teams within the organization and be understood. In addition, you're skilled in compiling and delivering presentations that summarize your findings on data trends, survey results, and other people data.
- Organized, Efficient, and Accountable. You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on delivering quality work. You multitask well, re-prioritize accordingly, and meet deadlines consistently. Above all, you are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities of the business. In other words, you handle pressure well and do so with confidence!
- Technologically Savvy. You've got a deep knowledge of Microsoft Excel, along with proficiency in technologies such as PeopleSoft query, SABA (learning management system), Oracle Enterprise/HRIS products, surveying software, and SPSS. You're also comfortable working across the Google platform. In other words, technology is one of your closest friends!
- Team Player. You are known for serving as a resource and trusted business partner for internal groups. Participating in cross-functional projects is the type of work you love.
- Project Manager. When it comes to integrating business data with HR systems data in order to drive business decisions, you enjoy being the conduit with your business partners to lead the project execution and train affected users. Data helps you schedule work, implement agreed-upon changes, and complete assigned projects.
- Passionate. Motivated. Eager to Learn. You are resourceful, ask smart questions, challenge the status quo, and regularly seek to understand. You invest extra energy to reach your goals. And when a special project arises, you volunteer!
- Maintains confidentiality. The ability to work with confidential information, while using discretion, is crucial to this position.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Monitor and track HR people data to analyze trends and recommend solutions.
- Develop reporting to support the HR function, compliance requirements, and business needs including: headcount and turnover statistics, recruiting metrics, employee engagement, employee performance, and workforce planning.
- Create and administer surveys and assessments for HR and other departments; upon conclusion, analyze, interpret, and report results.
- Assist in the design of measurement strategies to track the effectiveness and sustainability of HR programs (i.e. Total Wellbeing, Organization and Talent Development, Learning, etc.) and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strengthen the organization's understanding of people and business data, including its collection and application, to better integrate business data with HR systems data to drive business decisions.
- Automate and enhance key systems and reporting processes while delivering ad hoc reports where automation may not yet be available.
- Provide training and functional support of HR systems and tools to end-users.
- Support the HR budget process and identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and/or reduce costs.
- Provide ongoing consultation, support, follow-up, and education to ensure effective understanding of organizational data and survey results.
- Handle special projects as needed.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving capabilities, as well as project management experience.
- Solid understanding of Human Resources programs, regulations, and best practices.
- Proven strong work ethic, ability to make decisions, and work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, without sacrificing quality of work product. Detail oriented and well-organized, with an ability to multi-task.
- Team player that demonstrates flexibility and the ability to integrate and work well with others.
- Strong communication and presentation skills able to speak and write in a clear and articulate manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential information and use discretion.
- Motivated to succeed with capacity to assume increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in Business, HR, I/O Psychology, or OD preferred. 3-5 years relevant work experience required.
- Familiarity working with PeopleSoft query, SABA (learning management system), Oracle Enterprise / HRIS Products (e.g. BI, Fusion, Taleo), surveying software, Google platform, and SPSS preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel data analysis skills.
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That's why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.