We're looking for a Project Director to join our team in Rochester. The primary focus of this position will be the Sibley Building re-development.
The Sibley Building is a place that everyone recognizes, an icon of the city. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1984, this landmark is finally getting the facelift that it deserves, thanks to the talented designers and planners at WinnDevelopment. Once, the largest department store between New York and Chicago, the 1 million sq, ft. redevelopment is destined to become the centerpiece of a revitalized downtown, and we're looking for someone to help be a part of it.
The Project Director's primary responsibility is to support the Sibley Building Project in all areas including specific tasks pertaining to the project;
- Represent Winn at meetings with lenders, investors, public funding agencies, municipal representatives and prospective commercial tenants.
- Perform spreadsheet financial analysis.
- Maintain project budgets, actual to projected, and cost to complete.
- Take lead responsibility for the preparation of RFPs and financing applications.
- Review loan, equity documents and regulatory documents.
- Ensure proper permits, approvals and regulatory requirements are in place.
- Responsible for the timely and satisfactory work product by the professional members of the development team; architects, engineers, general contractors, attorneys, surveyors, appraisers, consultants, etc.
- Manage the construction process, including the finalization of project scope and budget, while maintaining a high quality end result.
- Oversee the flow of funds on specific projects; invoice approval, requisition approval, change orders, etc.
- Interaction with marketing, leasing, property operations and maintenance professionals.
- Supervise project coordinators and/or development associates.
- Travel within NY and to the Winn Boston Headquarters on a routine basis.
Sibley Project Overview:
The Sibley Square development is the largest redevelopments in upstate NY and is pivotal to the resurgence of downtown Rochester. The project is comprised of 4 independent projects in various stages of completion. The Project Manager will be supported on-site by WinnDevelopment's Vice President of Construction, the WinnResidential management team, The Architectural Team and DiMarco Constructors.
Four key components of the project are currently under construction.
- Sibley - Apartments: Development of 104 market rate residential units and Class A amenity space on the 9th-12 Floors. Project manager will oversee construction and the subsequent asset management of the lease-up anticipated for year end 2017 in conjunction with WinnResidential.An additional 72 affordable units being constructed on Floors 7 and 8 will receive separate support from the WinnDevelopment and WinnResidential team.
- Sibley - Retail: The ground floor is comprised of nearly 50,000sf of Main Street retail. The spaces are in various stages of lease discussions and the Project Manager would oversee leasing efforts, construction of tenant buildout, along with programming of Atrium and other public spaces.
- Sibley Commercial:Conversion the 2nd Floor to 39,000sf of Class A office space for high tech commercial office tenancy. Project is funded and construction is underway. Project manager will oversee construction and the subsequent asset management of the lease-up.
- Sibley Office: Floors 2-6 comprise ~400,000sf of leasable office space. The spaces are in various stages of lease discussions and the Project Manager would oversee leasing efforts, construction of tenant buildout.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Five + years of relevant real estate experience
- Asset Management, Tax Credit and office and/or retail experience a plus
- Computer skills, including a high capacity with real estate development pro formas, financial modeling and analysis in Excel
- Strong Oral/Written Communication Skills and Personal Management Skills
- Must have a current vehicle license in good standing and meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
WinnCompanies is a fast-growing, award-winning national housing development and property management company with 3,000 team members working in 22 states and the District of Columbia. We offeropportunities for growth across the country. One-third of our team members were promoted to the positions they hold today.
We are always looking for outstanding team members who work with a passion for excellence, a can do results-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality. Our most successful team members are hardworking, responsible, customer-oriented individuals who are committed to improving the communitieswhere they work.
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. Nearly half of our workforce is comprised of women or minorities. In addition to training and recognition programs to help you succeed, we offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, and a generous 401(k) plan.