JOB BRIEF: The Property Manager is totally accountable for all property operations. The purpose of the Property Manager is to effectively manage and coordinate persons, activities and available resources in order to accomplish property objectives as set forth by the Regional Manager and property owner. These objectives will include maximizing occupancy levels and property values. In addition, the Property Manager will train the Assistant Manager to assume all duties of the Property Manager in the event of the Property Manager's absence.
Position requires at least 3 years’ experience in on-site property management or business experience.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Word. Excel, Outlook, On-Site Rental System (Must be proficient with a calculator.)
Work Hours: 40 hours per week. Must be available on weekends, and after hours for staffing needs and emergencies and property related activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for staying within the established budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Ensures that all rents are collected when due, and posted in a timely manner. Makes sure that all bank deposits arc made daily and deposits are reported to the home office on a daily basis.
- Performs evictions, utility cut-offs or landlord liens as required by state law on delinquent rents.
- Maintains constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance. (Property Manager is responsible for approving and submitting all invoices to home office for payment.)
- Hires, trains, motivates, supervises and assists in termination of all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of assigned property. This includes new employee indoctrination, annual performance reviews, review and approval of timesheets, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines.
- Conducts on-going training with office staff; e.g., leasing paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed on a daily basis.
- Ensures that lease flies are complete and that completion of leases is being executed properly.
- Responsible for office opening on schedule, condition of office and model apartments.
- Attends scheduled home management meetings.
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Submits required reports to Regional Manager on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintains positive customer service altitude.
- Inspects periodically with residents of move-in/move-outs.
- Reviews all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out.
- Initiates and implements policies/procedures to maintain resident communications; e.g., complaints, work orders, etc.
- Physically walks and inspects property and vacant apartments on a regular schedule.
- Updates board indicating vacancy status on a daily basis. Coordinates with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure timely recondition of apartments after move-out.
- Monitors and schedules all maintenance activities.
- Conducts market surveys monthly and provides trend report information. Shops competition and is aware of neighborhood market conditions.
- Welcomes and shows property to prospective new residents. Also, handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Maintains awareness of market/industry conditions and trends via trade publications, professional organizations, etc.
- Works with lease renewals/recertification as required.
- Reports all liability and property incidents to the home office immediately. Ensures that all workers' compensation claims arc reported and proper paperwork is completed.
- Completes pertinent safety checklists with maintenance staff.