Primary responsibility is to perform maintenance functions in the communities, including office buildings, residential areas, grounds and parking lots in accordance with time, budget and quality expectations. Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and associated mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitary systems and equipment. Ensuring all services is performed safely and results in favorable customer feedback.
- Provides general maintenance, cleaning and repair for the community.
- Duties include, but, are not limited to, cleaning, painting, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, lawn care, snow-removal, replacement of lights, plumbing, electrical work, roof repairs, HVAC system maintenance, appliance evaluation and repair, relocation of furniture/fixtures, etc.
- Responds to all resident request service calls as directed by the Superintendent.
- Transports electrical and gas appliances to the units, as required.
- Regularly assess the property for safety and loss prevention.
- Repairs and fabricates window and door screens, and frames.
- Removes and repairs damaged drywall, floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood as directed.
- Safely operates power blowers or brooms to remove leaves and debris from sidewalks, and driveways.
- Provide outstanding customer service in accordance with company's Guiding Principles.
- When assigned by the Superintendent, schedule and oversee that all vendor work is completed properly.
- Available to respond to emergency maintenance repairs, after normal working hours, and able to respond back to the property within 30 minutes of receiving notification.
- When required, be available to respond to weather and environmental related emergencies, such as snow storms, hurricanes, tornados, floods, and fires.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all residents, families, visitors, vendors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in Maintenance Field
- Must have a current vehicle license in good standing and meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Candidate must flexible and be able to work rotating on-call schedule and overtime and weekends if necessary.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
WinnCompanies is a fast-growing, award-winning national housing development and property management company with 3,000 team members working in 22 states and the District of Columbia. We offeropportunities for growth across the country. One-third of our team members were promoted to the positions they hold today.
We are always looking for outstanding team members who work with a passion for excellence, a can do results-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality. Our most successful team members are hardworking, responsible, customer-oriented individuals who are committed to improving the communitieswhere they work.
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. Nearly half of our workforce is comprised of women or minorities. In addition to training and recognition programs to help you succeed, we offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, and a generous 401(k) plan.