Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. The mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's servicemen and women. Since its inception almost 15 years ago, Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Lincoln Military Housing not only provides professional property management and 24-hour maintenance services, the company prides itself in providing community building activities free to all residents. Lincoln Military Housing is available for members of the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines as well as Coast Guard and National Guard.
Lincoln Military Housing currently has an opening for a Maintenance Technician at our Lewis McChord Communities (Joint Base Lewis McChord Military Base) in Dupont, Washington.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine maintenance and repairs in a multifamily residential community. Operates building systems and related equipment and tools to complete tasks to Lincoln Military Housing’s quality standards and resident’s satisfaction. This role requires the ability to effectively communicate, perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s quality customer satisfaction standards.
The essential duties include:
- With general guidance, performs routine maintenance and repairs on a variety of building systems and appliances including electrical, plumbing, painting, appliance repair and HVAC, etc.
- Applies basic skills in two or more of the following trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpet care, general appliance repair, etc. to ensure quality maintained homes and community.
- Performs routine service repairs, and preventative maintenance of all aspects, in homes, common areas, grounds and community.
- With general direction, completes resident-requested repairs and service within the required time frame (24 hours).
- Completes all assigned maintenance work on vacant homes within LMH standards.
- Performs On-call service requests and emergency calls.
- May participate in routine inspections (including QC, move in, preventative maintenance, machinery, appliance, etc.).
- Performs general maintenance and cleaning of common areas, maintenance shop, trash removal, snow removal, if applicable).
- Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, community and/or common areas to supervisor.
- Maintains and updates all assigned service requests using Yardi Mobile until assignment is completed and closed.
- Demonstrates the appropriate and safe use of standard hand and power tools, equipment and machinery.
- Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Understands and follows safe work practices for all trades, including but not limited to: Lockout Tag-out, Confined Space Entry, use of hazardous chemicals, use of Personal Protective Equipment, Ladder Safety, and working from Elevated Surfaces.