Primary responsibility is to perform maintenance trades functions in the community, including rental units, office buildings, residential areas and grounds. Reports to the COM Manager. In the absence of their primary supervisor, reports to the Director of Maintenance. Works cooperatively with all other property management personnel.
- Proficient at 2 skill sets (carpentry, electrical, plumbing, flooring or appliances)
- Responds to COM requirements and property management requirements.
- Completes repairs as directed by immediate supervisor or other organization management representatives.
- Completes and submits all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Keeps supervisor well-informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified/potential problems, etc.; recommends corrective actions to supervisor.
- Works cooperatively and conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times when in contact with consumers, staff, sub/contractors, monitors and the general public. Deals with customers and others in a diplomatic and positive manner.
- Demonstrates good verbal, written and listening communication skills as measured by accuracy, completeness and timeliness of work.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to the corporate/project policies, procedures and regulations.
- Attends workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings and trainings pertinent to the efficient dispatch of duties. Reports to work regularly and on time.
- Wears prescribed uniform at all times during work hours
- Promote and practice incident-injury free (IIF) and sustainability
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Requires 1-3 year's trade experience, formal, apprentice, or work related training
- Proficient at two skill sets (Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, flooring or appliances)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read and write English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work with numbers and figures
- Have some computer skills
- Must have a valid driver's license
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
WinnCompanies is a fast-growing, award-winning national housing development and property management company with 3,000 team members working in 22 states and the District of Columbia. We offeropportunities for growth across the country. One-third of our team members were promoted to the positions they hold today.
We are always looking for outstanding team members who work with a passion for excellence, a can do results-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality. Our most successful team members are hardworking, responsible, customer-oriented individuals who are committed to improving the communitieswhere they work.
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. Nearly half of our workforce is comprised of women or minorities. In addition to training and recognition programs to help you succeed, we offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, and a generous 401(k) plan.