Fort Drum Mountain Community Homes is a master planned community of 1,586 newly constructed three, four and five bedroom homes, four state-of-the-art community centers in addition to 2,249 fully renovated existing homes. The project also involves the construction and management of The Timbers, a 192 unit, one and two bedroom, suite-styled apartment community for unaccompanied Soldiers. Additionally, Mountain Community Homes will provide asset, property, and maintenance management for a minimum of 50 years. The award-winning property has been recognized on both national and local levels for efforts in supporting sustainability, safety, and providing world class service to Soldiers and Families.
Responsible for showing, selling and leasing homes, working with prospective residents and carrying out activities related to managing the wait-list.
- Reviews prospective residents' applications to verify their qualifications for the community according to all company, local, state and federal and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Performs administrative functions required to lease property (to include processing rental application, data entry, general correspondence and resident files).
- Handles telephone inquiries, internet leads and walk-in traffic.
- Establishes and maintains prospecting system to include Guest Cards.
- Maintains and increases occupancy by selling and leasing homes through matching customers' needs and desires with community inventory available and demonstrating the value in our community.
- Assists in marketing the property by recording accurate data on prospects and new residents.
- Utilizes features/benefits, selling to communicate community value.
- Promotes positive resident relations by working to make the living experience, particularly the first impressions, of the highest quality.
- Maintains current Leasing Binder to assist in the sales process.
- Educates and informs prospects of relevant resident rules, policies, and procedures.
- May be responsible for ensuring Rent Ready' property (interior and exterior) is presentable at all times with particular attention to the five (5) senses.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all residents, families, visitors, vendors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required. College education preferred.
- 1 to 2 years' experience in sales, leasing, and hospitality or customer service. Property management experience strongly preferred.
- A current vehicle license in good standing and meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy. Some states require real estate licensing. National Apartment Leasing Professional certification preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. Working knowledge of YARDI preferred but not required.
- May be required to provide own vehicle for business use. Mileage will be reimbursed.
Anticipated Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday; Occasional nights/weekends.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
WinnCompanies is a fast-growing, award-winning national housing development and property management company with 3,000 team members working in 22 states and the District of Columbia. We offeropportunities for growth across the country. One-third of our team members were promoted to the positions they hold today.
We are always looking for outstanding team members who work with a passion for excellence, a can do results-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality. Our most successful team members are hardworking, responsible, customer-oriented individuals who are committed to improving the communitieswhere they work.
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. Nearly half of our workforce is comprised of women or minorities. In addition to training and recognition programs to help you succeed, we offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, and a generous 401(k) plan.