Fort Drum Mountain Community Homes is a master planned community of 1,586 newly constructed three, four and five bedroom homes, four state-of-the-art community centers in addition to 2,249 fully renovated existing homes. The project also involves the construction and management of The Timbers, a 192 unit, one and two bedroom, suite-styled apartment community for unaccompanied Soldiers. Additionally, Mountain Community Homes will provide asset, property, and maintenance management for a minimum of 50 years. The award-winning property has been recognized on both national and local levels for efforts in supporting sustainability, safety, and providing world class service to Soldiers and Families.
Leads in the performance of the daily operations of project accounting functions, cash management and financial reporting.
- Ensures all accounting policies and procedures are followed. Assists in the revision of policy and procedures as needed or as the result of internal or external audits dictate.
- Becomes proficient in the use of accounting software (Yardi, Payscan, FAS, Third Party Utility Software, MAC/DFAS, Excel, etc.) to streamline daily processes.
- Supports the Financial Controller, Accounting Manager, and/or Senior Accountant as needed.
- Participates in the completion and issuance of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements/reports.
- Performs duties associated with the accounting function including collection reporting, posting of payments, journal entries, physical inventory, and assists with the A/P function when/where needed.
- Reviews Move in/Move out (MIMO) files, compares reports, promotion reports, and Box Score reports.
- Responsible for sending monthly MIMO files to MAC. Responsible for prorating resident allotments through MAC for partial rent months.
- Records daily deposits and maintains deposit records in accordance with the records retention policies.
- Handles all functions related to resident intra post moves.
- Serves as a resource to Property Management and Maintenance Management staff on policies and procedures.
- Works and cooperates with the Property Management, Asset Management, Maintenance Department, Development, Design & Construction, the Housing Office and client as required.
- Performs special projects as needed, or as requested by the Accounting Manager or Controller.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all residents, families, visitors, vendors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Required. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) preferred.
- 3 years accounting related experience preferred. Experience in receivables collections is preferred.
- A current vehicle license in good standing and meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy.
- Knowledge of financial software applications, database, spreadsheets and word processing required. Proficiency in Excel preferred.
- Some properties may require employees to provide their own vehicle for business use. Mileage will be reimbursed.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
WinnCompanies is a fast-growing, award-winning national housing development and property management company with 3,000 team members working in 22 states and the District of Columbia. We offeropportunities for growth across the country. One-third of our team members were promoted to the positions they hold today.
We are always looking for outstanding team members who work with a passion for excellence, a can do results-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality. Our most successful team members are hardworking, responsible, customer-oriented individuals who are committed to improving the communitieswhere they work.
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. Nearly half of our workforce is comprised of women or minorities. In addition to training and recognition programs to help you succeed, we offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, and a generous 401(k) plan.