| ||Job Description: || |
Reporting to the Pricing Manager, the Senior Pricing Analyst's main function is to analyze and assess market changes in response to business practices and tactics. Using property management principles as well as economics to create, manipulate and distribute reports.
Analyze and provide, reporting and pricing recommendations for each community by following business processes and tactics that address demand changes in the market and maximize overall revenue.
Effectively and efficiently synthesize input from multiple sources for business strategy planning activities including guest tracking cards, lost business, renewals, and competitive shopping data. Also analyze and provide feedback and action plans from information contained in the revenue management platform.
Monitor the relationship between pricing, market performance and consumer acceptance. Optimize rent revenue through accurate forecasting and appropriate selling strategies utilizing multiple revenue management platforms while giving consideration to all revenue distribution centers including the Internet.
- Maintenance and submission of daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Follow and assist Pricing Manager to ensure revenue management best practices concerning renewal rents, premium leasing, and the collection of unconstrained demand data are followed.
- Analyze and review lease terms, unit types, unit categories, elasticity of demand, and lengths of time units remain vacant.
- Maximize renewal rent capture through sound concession and premium lease pricing strategy.
- Provide business consulting to property management team by utilizing multiple revenue management applications. This is inclusive of but not limited to pricing, system accuracy, system modifications, pricing courage, data-driven decisions, market analysis, assisting in performance measurement and overall systems support.
- Assist with gathering macro and micro economic research. Produce market economic reports on quarterly and ad-hoc bases. Assist with creating performance reports measuring property performance against submarket and metro area markets, REITs, and other competitors.
- Be the subject matter expert with respect to all new functionality within the revenue management platforms being utilized.
- Be a key contact for as well as train less seasoned analyst on the functionality and capabilities of multiple revenue management platforms.
- Typically maintain a larger portfolio size than less seasoned analysts.
- Work with the pricing manager to develop new reporting, processes, and training to further enhance the effectiveness and capabilities of the revenue management team.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or Economics.
- At least two years analyst experience in multi-family and real estate, revenue management experience preferred.
- LRO and/or Yieldstar experience.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
a. Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills including financial analysis, statistical analysis and business case development.
b. Project management skills including organizing, multitasking, and budget reconciliation.
c. Technology skills including computer software, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Internet research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate and interact with personnel at all levels throughout the organization; have good interpersonal skills; team management skills including participation, engages on difficult issues, and effectively influences non-direct reports.
- Ability to travel 25-30% annually.
- Able to meet changing priorities and deadlines
- Able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously, including project administration, monitoring, and execution; possess good organizational skills