Fort Hood is the world's largest Army Installations and home to the 3 Corp Headquarters. Fort Hood Family Housing residents enjoy a variety of amenities such as beautiful parks, playgrounds, community centers, swimming pools, splash parks and more!
Learn more about us at, www.forthoodfh.com
Primary responsibility is to assist and coordinate all requests from military families with the property management team including move ins, move outs, inquiries, community standards enforcements. Responsible to maintain curb appeal and coordinate community activities. Focusing on education, socialization and prevention, the RSC works with residents to establish on-site programs. Such programs build a healthy housing community and strengthen connections between residents, management and the local community. The RSC is a member of the property management team, working to establish and maintain a quality standard of living for all residents in the housing community.
- Conducts neighborhood tours and home showings for qualified potential residents.
- Maintains a fundamental working knowledge of all lease documentation and resident guide policies and procedures.
- Administers move-in paperwork and home inspections with residents.
- Conducts move out assessments with departing residents and assess any charge for damages.
- Answers resident questions and assists in resolving resident complaints. Provides high standard of customer service to residents through a prompt and courteous response to all inquiries.
- Develops and maintains strong resident relations. Responsible for completing customer relationship management requirements for the Resident Journey program.
- Assists with monitoring curb appeal throughout the community and office.
- Enforces resident guide and community standards by regularly inspecting the community including, homes, community facilities and common areas.
- Assists with maintenance of the appearance of the office, amenities, models and common areas of the property.
- Assists in the inspections of vacant homes and takes appropriate action to prepare the for rent-ready status.
- Actively participates in organization and execution of company-sponsored resident events including social events, educational classes and community programs.
- Provides administrative support at the community center.
- May be responsible for conducting move out information sessions.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all residents, families, visitors, vendors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. College education preferred.
- 1-2 years' experience in sales, leasing and hospitality or customer service. Property management experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Certification / Licensure: A current vehicle license in good standing and meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy. NALP designation preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required and YARDI or other similar industry software is preferred.
- May require nights and weekends for special events.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
WinnCompanies is a fast-growing, award-winning national housing development and property management company with 3,000 team members working in 22 states and the District of Columbia. We offeropportunities for growth across the country. One-third of our team members were promoted to the positions they hold today.
We are always looking for outstanding team members who work with a passion for excellence, a can do results-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality. Our most successful team members are hardworking, responsible, customer-oriented individuals who are committed to improving the communitieswhere they work.
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. Nearly half of our workforce is comprised of women or minorities. In addition to training and recognition programs to help you succeed, we offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, and a generous 401(k) plan.