| |MCAS Cherry Point is the world's largest Marine Corps Air Station and home to the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing. Atlantic Marine Corps Communities residents enjoy a variety of amenities such as beautiful parks, playgrounds, picturesque walking trails, community centers, swimming pools, dog parks and more! And with services such as lawn care, maintenance, and household repairs covered, you can spend more time focused on the ones you love.
Learn more about us at, www.atlanticmcc.com/BR_Cherry-Point
Technicians will be hired as General Maintenance Technicians but based on their trade specialty may be responsible for completing specialty service requests as their skill set allows. This position will be part of the Change of Occupancy Maintenance (COM) flooring team.
- Removes carpet, floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood. Removes damaged drywall.
- Loads and unloads trucks and other conveyances; moves supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrows or hand trucks; stacks materials for storage or binning; collects refuse and salvageable materials.
- Provide maintenance and rehabilitation of property. Duties include, but are not limited to cleaning, painting, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, lawn maintenance, debris removal, plumbing, electrical work, smoke detector maintenance, relocation of furniture/fixtures, repair or replacement of lights, roofs, heating/air systems, appliances, etc.
- On-call urgent or emergency repairs and completes repairs as directed by immediate supervisor or other organization management representatives.
- Transports equipment, furnishings and appliances to job sites.
- Operate power blowers or use brooms to clean roof tops, sidewalks and driveways of leaves and debris.
- When assigned by the Supervisor, participate and/or quality assure in vendor or subcontractor work from time to time.
- When assigned by the Supervisor, schedule and oversee that all vendor work is completed properly.
- Available to respond to emergency maintenance repairs, after normal working hours, and able to respond back to the property within 30 minutes of receiving notification.
- When required, be available to respond to weather and environmental related emergencies, such as snow storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, and fires.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of flooring experience preferred.
- Must have a current vehicle license in good standing and meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy.
- Proficient at two skills sets (Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, flooring or appliances) with one skill set being flooring.
- Must be experienced and able to operate wood floor sanders and cleaning equipment. Capable of applying sealers, varnishes, & polyurethane.
- Must be experienced in cutting, forming, and laying roll carpet. Familiar with the use of carpet kickers and carpet installation tools. Ability to install carpet squires.
- Must have experience installing role and sheet vinyl & vinyl planks.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
WinnCompanies is a fast-growing, award-winning national housing development and property management company with 3,000 team members working in 22 states and the District of Columbia. We offeropportunities for growth across the country. One-third of our team members were promoted to the positions they hold today.
We are always looking for outstanding team members who work with a passion for excellence, a can do results-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality. Our most successful team members are hardworking, responsible, customer-oriented individuals who are committed to improving the communitieswhere they work.
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. Nearly half of our workforce is comprised of women or minorities. In addition to training and recognition programs to help you succeed, we offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, and a generous 401(k) plan.