Weidner Apartment Homes has an immediate opening for a Security Systems Manager (SSM) that will be located in our corporate headquarters in Kirkland, WA reporting to our Director of Security Operations. The Security Systems Manager will implement design, operations, provide technical support, and oversee installation and maintenance of all physical security devices, systems, and telephony components that Weidner Apartment Homes utilizes across various regions in both the United States and Canada. The SSM serves as a Physical Technology Project Manager and manages vendor relationships, project timelines, end user support serves on cross functional teams and in all facets of Physical Security and Low Voltage systems.
The Security Systems Manager will coordinate with new installations, acquisitions, and repairs to all low voltage systems for several hundred properties at Weidner including, but not limited: video surveillance systems, alarm systems, gate and door access systems, audio/video, telephony systems, and cabling. This position will be responsible for:
- Reviewing Scopes of Work and Project Bidding Packages.
- Completing the final Test and Acceptance of security systems.
- Work with supervisor and internal customers to establish, provide and agree on, clear goals, objectives, and performance delivery outcomes and timelines.
- Coordinates and ensure timely delivery of daily system support requirements with various support teams.
- Researches, develops, designs and tests a variety of equipment, components, products and systems with the goal of fully optimizing, standardizing, and leveraging our investments.
- Directs the evaluation of state of the art security equipment standards, for both computer and physical systems.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating accurate records of the physical security systems, devices and hardware located on various properties.
- Will support and coordinate service projects with the Security Operations Director and contractors involving existing hardware and new installations at various properties.
- Will participate in programming and maintenance of multiple software systems involving access control, CCTV, intrusion alarms, audio video integration, and door/gate entry systems.
- Responsible for tracking service tickets to ensure that remote physical security systems are operational and functioning properly.
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Coordinates activities with network services and information systems vendors.
- Assists in the installation, upgrading and configuration of security system software to ensure maximum function and reliability.
- Is responsible for supporting security systems operations and procedures
- At least 5 years of experience in managing the operation and installation of multi-regional physical security systems and software.
- Proven record of managing direct reports, teams and subcontractors.
- Electrical Journeyman License (Preferred)
- Must have working knowledge and experience with WAN/LAN Network topology and basic computing practices.
- Receives little instruction on daily work, general instruction on newly introduced assignments.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- In-depth knowledge of physical security systems, security software, audio/video structured cabling, low-voltage infrastructure, and networked-based equipment.
- Is able to effectively handle several concurrent activities and projects without reducing productivity or support for our properties.
- Completes current work according to assigned priorities. Responds to changing demands and priorities; validates priorities with management.
- Can use standard software tools to design solutions, including spreadsheet applications for monitoring and measuring, preparing professional reports and presentations, creating database or other application solutions.
- Effectively utilizes all recommended support tools as needed in current job. Proficient with advanced features, facilities and functions of available tools.
- Can identify and resolve common software and usage problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills required.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to travel 30-50% and potentially more as required.
- Valid Passport and the ability to travel into Canada.