The On-Site Service Technician is often the single most responsible individual for resident satisfaction. Not only does the Service Technician play a key role in the resident's comfort, their service often includes more interaction with the residents than any other on-site personnel. It is therefore essential that the Service Technician portray a professional, courteous, and caring attitude while on the job. In addition to the requirements/qualifications listed below, the Service Technician is responsible for completion of the following duties:
• Observe all precautions as outlined in the “Personal Safety” policy in the Maintenance Manual.
• Complete resident requested service orders on a timely basis. (Lincoln standard turnaround time for completion of service requests is 24 hours, unless circumstances dictate otherwise.)
• Complete all assigned maintenance work on vacant apartments within the Lincoln standard of 7 days or 5 business days.
• Comply with all Housing Guidelines, OSHA regulations and any applicable laws in your area regarding health, safety, or environment.
• Maintain mold logs, MSDS sheets • Order maintenance supplies with approval from District Manager.
• Train newly-hired Service Technicians and/or Porters.
• Ensure building lights and timers are working properly.
• Install appliances as necessary.
• Consult with District Manager and/or Maintenance Director on major repairs, replacements and/or contracts.
• Attend meetings and seminars as requested by District Manager, Regional Property Manager or Maintenance Director.