District Manager – Responsible for overseeing the operations of a multi-family residential community. This role is responsible for the property’s financial success, supervising the performance of on-site personnel and providing a quality living experience for our residents. This position typically manages a smaller community which requires full knowledge of the property operations and the ability to handle multiple tasks. This position is responsible for effectively managing and ensuring that all on-site personnel perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s quality customer satisfaction standards.
- Responsible for the community budget and achievement of operational, financial and occupancy goals.
- Oversee, review and monitor all district accounting and financial matters (Processing of A/P, A/R, delinquencies, process PAF’s, budget approvals, collections, invoicing, etc.).
- Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit on timely basis (i.e., flash reports, variance and delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, AME, write off reports, PO analytics, etc.).
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Maintain budget for community and ensures all projects, purchases and scheduling falls within budgetary guidelines.
- Oversee all Capital Expenditure projects for the community (i.e. approvals, letters, tracking, scheduling, and inspections).
- Ensure proper response, reporting and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. are within LMH’s standard operating procedures to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
- Audit and approve all lease files, move outs, transfers, etc. ensuring accuracy and entered into system.
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained and all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
- Participate and oversee staff in outreach marketing activities (i.e. market surveys, shop competitors) on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Conduct regular property walks / inspections (grounds, common areas, parking lots, maintenance shop, community rooms, make-readies, quality control, etc.) to ensure community is well maintained according to LMH’s quality standards.
- Perform various administrative and computer tasks, email communications, input of information/data into various software and information systems (Payscan, Yardi, etc.).
- Ensure make-readies and other maintenance projects are completed accurately and timely by maintenance staff according to LMH’s quality standards.
- Contribute to a safe and secure environment, reporting potential safety hazards and adhering to all company safety policies, practices and regulations.
- Comply with all federal, state and local applicable laws, including Fair Housing, OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment, and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Ensure resident concerns and requests are responded to on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Include/involve LMH management, military partners or base command (when applicable) regarding urgent or emergency issues pertaining to the community or residents.
- Work in conjunction with district staff / community services team to develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Consistently ensure policies of the community are followed by residents and take appropriate / corrective action when necessary.
- Ensure timely distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, water shutoffs, project notices, emergency, etc.).
- Directly responsible for managing, hiring, scheduling, and developing the on-site team, including office and maintenance personnel.
- Participate, attend and/or lead in various department or regional meetings, including safety meetings, seminars, and work-related events.
- Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
- Evaluate the efficiency of staff and provide on-going training, coaching, counseling, and supportive leadership.
- Administer action plans on a timely basis related to employee performance issues.
- Document and communicate employee situations/concerns with regional management and take appropriate action as needed.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled effectively and in a timely matter (i.e., performance evaluations, performance action plans, bonus plans, time sheets, etc.).
- Ensure all employees comply with company policies and procedures, and complete required training (i.e. on-line, instructor-lead, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Ensure all work practices of team are in compliance with all OSHA safety regulations, federal, state and local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment, Fair Housing and LMH’s standards, policies and procedures.