The Regional Property Manager I is responsible for all operational aspects of an assigned portfolio whose size may include up to 5 properties / 1,500 units which makes up a "Region". However, depending on complexity of portfolio and other responsibilities an RPM I may have a smaller or larger portfolio. The position directs and coordinates all activities of the properties in their portfolio to ensure that Monarch Investments financial and business objectives are achieved.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages the operational and financial responsibilities of a "Region"
• Operates within the financial guidelines (The Budget)
• Makes strategic changes to increase income, decrease expenses and grow net operating income
• Ensure that income is collected and Bad Debt followed up on in accordance with MIMG policy
• Complete thorough reviews of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operating and financial reports
• Ensure that properties operate within any applicable local, state and federal laws including OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act), Fair Housing, Landlord/Tenant regulation and other
• Possess a complete understanding of ownership structure, financing, and income-regulated programs
• Coordinate and/or ensure that Manager, Leasing and Maintenance meetings are occurring as needed
• Ensure performance evaluations are being conducted on supervised staff
• Assist Property Managers in resolving employee issues concerning performance evaluations, employee disciplinary actions or other related basic employee management issues
• Reinforce company values in all property operations.
• Travel throughout the region is required, as well as occasional travel to corporate office in Franktown, CO
• Ensures adherence to all Monarch policies and procedures by the Property Managers down through the teams including all forms, leases, and other documents deemed standard for MIMG.
• Work with Asset Manager to create and evaluate property budgets and performance goals
• Work with Asset Managers on evaluating capital needs and planning capital projects
• Responsible for monthly Move In and Renewal file audits
• Respond to resident complaints directly related to or against Property Managers and/or any complaint that might have legal exposure
• Participates in hiring and screening of onsite staff including but not limited to Assistant Property Manager, Leasing Agents, Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Technicians, Porters, Housekeepers, Groundskeepers, Pool attendants and related contract employees to assist in essential job duties and responsibilities.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
• Oversee tenant renewals are being captured at the highest rates possible
• Oversee properties are leased at or above market occupancy and rent levels based on owner guidelines
• Oversee all property marketing is current, accurate, relevant, legal and at its greatest effect
• Oversee employee requests or complaints are responded to in a timely manner
• Oversee physical property inspections including critical and curb appeal are performed monthly
• Monitor the progress of employee training and certification
Supervisory Responsibilities: Hire, manage, train, coach and terminate when necessary all Property Managers, Assistant Regional Managers and Leasing & Marketing Specialists within the assigned region. May include 5+/- direct employees and 50+/- indirect employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
• Should have some related formal training, certification/s, degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in Multi-Family Housing
• Multi-property site management
• Must be able to thoroughly understand the financial aspects of running a portfolio
• Must have excellent computer skills and have industry software experience. Yardi preferred
• Strong, positive, motivational leadership style in managing multiple teams to success
• Must have strong ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining consistent service
• Must have demonstrated conflict resolutions skills.
• Must have high sense of urgency in completing all tasks, while maintaining a strong detail orientation
• Excellent knowledge of local, state and federal resident/property management laws/guidelines
• Ability to problem solve, make decisions and lead a team
• Have excellent verbal and written communication
• Possess knowledge of competitive properties and market knowledge within the region
• Experience managing up to 1,500 units within a region
• Experience managing/supervising 20+ employees
• Advanced budget experience, can interpret, make assumptions and be part of property budget creation
• Possess advanced/higher level fair housing and legal requirement knowledge for leasing and marketing property/units
• Should have advanced understanding for maintenance process and responsibilities with the ability to manage capital need bid/execution, manage preventative maintenance plans and managing basic rehab projects
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced real estate management environment.
• Mid to high level stress during peak performance times.
• Must be able to travel to properties within regional portfolio, may include driving, bus, train or plane
• Must be able to work independently
Material and Equipment Directly used but not limited to:
• Computer, copier, printer, scanner, fax machine
• MS Office Suite, PDFs, YARDI software