We are looking for a flexible, dynamic and outgoing person for a Management trainee. The ideal candidate should have excellent organizational and communication skills as well as a strong ability to focus on marketing, customer service and attention to detail.
- Sorts and distributes all incoming mail.
- Utilizes YARDI to produce the company's required reports, and other automated systems to generate Invoice Cover Sheets, work orders, and file copies of material to be saved.
- Utilizes YARDI to correct reports, such as the Resident Status Report (01) for example.
- Provides applications to potential residents, ensures that the applications are prepared properly, provides them to the Property Manager, and tracks all follow up documents (e.g., receipt required by some agencies).
- Ensures that a credit report is obtained for each applicant.
- Prepares leases for applicants, and provides applicants with other material which will orient them to the property.
- Updates the Wait List annually, including sending the update letters to prospective residents, tracking receipt of those letters, logging in the update, attaching a copy of the letter to the original application and, where required, sending a receipt to the applicant.
- Files and copies reports, memos, mail, and letters as needed.
- Maintains the SOP Binders with up-to-date information, keeping the property's operating manuals current with company policies and procedures at all times.
- Collects rent from the residents and post payment on YARDI
- Updates resident information on YARDI, including such changes in status as move-ins, move-outs, and new rental rates.
- Monitors residential rent collection via the 02 Report, and update the Property Manager.
- Manage recertification process and conducting the recertification interviews with residents. Prepares vouchers for HUD, the state agency, or local housing authority which involve adjustments concerning residents' rents, such as interim or retroactive recertifications.
- Reviews each voucher prior to its submission to the appropriate agency in order to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Sends the voucher to the appropriate agency via TRACS, FACTS, or other automated system required by the agency.
- Responsible for processing invoices
- Exercises no authority to approve expenditures or spend money.
- Ensuring that all property and grounds are maintained
- Ensuring that all maintenance reporting requirements are satisfied, including writing work orders as needed and preparing the Work Order Summary
- Assists the Property Manager as needed with marketing functions
- The implementation of the property's Resident Retention Program.
- Maintenance of the waiting list in accordance with agency requirements, and in a manner which is organized for easy referral.
- Participation in the Leasing and Renewal Programs.
- Performs special projects to enhance the marketing of the property, such as conducting resident impact studies concerning scheduled or contemplated rent increases.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent; Trade school or some college a plus
- Prior property management / Affordable Housing experience a plus
- Physical Requirements - Job is mainly administrative, however does require showing apartments as well as outside site and building inspections.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
WinnCompanies is a fast-growing, award-winning national housing development and property management company with 3,000 team members working in 22 states and the District of Columbia. We offeropportunities for growth across the country. One-third of our team members were promoted to the positions they hold today.
We are always looking for outstanding team members who work with a passion for excellence, a can do results-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality. Our most successful team members are hardworking, responsible, customer-oriented individuals who are committed to improving the communitieswhere they work.
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. Nearly half of our workforce is comprised of women or minorities. In addition to training and recognition programs to help you succeed, we offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, and a generous 401(k) plan.