Knox Hills is located on historic Ft. Knox. The post and surrounding areas offer a variety of shopping, dining and family attractions. Louisville is located 30 miles north of post and offers major shopping malls, museums, an array of eateries and the legendary Churchill Downs.
Learn more about us at, www.knoxhills.com
Primary responsibility is to perform maintenance functions in the community, including rental units, office buildings, residential areas and grounds. Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and associated mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitary systems and equipment.
- Install, service and repair stoves, refrigerators, dish washing machines and other electrical and gas appliances.
- Connects appliance power source and test meters such as wattmeter, ammeter or voltmeter.
- Disassembles appliances and examines mechanical and electrical parts. Transport appliances.
- Respond to service calls, com requirements and property management requests.
- Responds to on-call emergency repairs and completes repairs as directed by immediate supervisor or other organization management representatives.
- Correctly completes job orders and work authorizations in accordance with company and contract specifications.
- Completes and submits all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Keeps supervisor well-informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified/potential problems, etc.; recommends corrective actions to supervisor.
- Works cooperatively and conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times when in contact with consumers, staff, sub/contractors, monitors and the general public.
- Demonstrates good verbal, written and listening communication skills as measured by accuracy, completeness and timeliness of work.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to the corporate/project policies, procedures and regulations.
- Attends workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings and training pertinent to the efficient dispatch of duties. Reports to work regularly and on time.
- Provides coverage for duties performed by service technician 1, 2, and 3.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 3 years trade experience, formal, apprentice, or work related training. Multi-family community maintenance experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record.
- Comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with organization staff, clients and visitor.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
WinnCompanies is a fast-growing, award-winning national housing development and property management company with 3,000 team members working in 22 states and the District of Columbia. We offeropportunities for growth across the country. One-third of our team members were promoted to the positions they hold today.
We are always looking for outstanding team members who work with a passion for excellence, a can do results-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality. Our most successful team members are hardworking, responsible, customer-oriented individuals who are committed to improving the communitieswhere they work.
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. Nearly half of our workforce is comprised of women or minorities. In addition to training and recognition programs to help you succeed, we offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, and a generous 401(k) plan.