The Service Technician plays a key role in property management, as their function has a direct effect on budget control, resident retention, and owner satisfaction.
The following qualifications must be met before consideration for employment as a Service Technician:
- With general guidance, performs routine maintenance and repairs on a variety of building systems and appliances including electrical, plumbing, painting, appliance repair and HVAC, etc.
- Applies basic skills in two or more of the following trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpet care, general appliance repair, etc. to ensure quality maintained homes and community.
- Performs routine service repairs, and preventative maintenance of all aspects, in homes, common areas, grounds and community.
- With general direction, completes resident-requested repairs and service within the required time frame (24 hours).
- Completes all assigned maintenance work on vacant homes within LMH standards.
- Performs On-call service requests and emergency calls.
- May participate in routine inspections (including QC, move in, preventative maintenance, machinery, appliance, etc.).
- Performs general maintenance and cleaning of common areas, maintenance shop, trash removal, snow removal, if applicable).
- Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, community and/or common areas to supervisor.
- Maintains and updates all assigned service requests using Yardi Mobile until assignment is completed and closed.
- Demonstrates the appropriate and safe use of standard hand and power tools, equipment and machinery.
- Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Understands and follows safe work practices for all trades, including but not limited to: Lockout Tag-out, Confined Space Entry, use of hazardous chemicals, use of Personal Protective Equipment, Ladder Safety, and working from Elevated Surfaces.
Typical responsibilities include: Replace A/C filter, replace screens, unclog drains, replace lamps; prepare and paint walls, ceilings and trim; Test function of all appliances, install doors and hardware.