Fort Drum Mountain Community Homes is a master planned community of 1,586 newly constructed three, four and five bedroom homes, four state-of-the-art community centers in addition to 2,249 fully renovated existing homes. The project also involves the construction and management of The Timbers, a 192 unit, one and two-bedroom, suite-styled apartment community for unaccompanied Soldiers. Additionally, Mountain Community Homes will provide asset, property, and maintenance management for a minimum of 50 years. The award-winning property has been recognized on both national and local levels for efforts in supporting sustainability, safety, and providing world class service to Soldiers and Families.
Primary responsibility is to perform maintenance functions in the community, including rental units, office buildings, residential areas, grounds and parking lots. Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and associated mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitary systems and equipment. Ensure that all service is performed safely and results in favorable customer feedback which is documented by favorable customer service survey results.
- Responds to service calls, complete COM work and other property maintenance requirements.
- Provide maintenance and rehabilitation of property. Duties include, but are not limited to cleaning, painting, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, lawn maintenance, debris removal, plumbing, electrical work, smoke detector maintenance, relocation of furniture/fixtures, repair or replacement of lights, roofs, heating/air systems, appliances
- Transport, install and connect stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers and other electrical and gas appliances.
- On-call emergency repairs and completes repairs as directed by immediate supervisor or other organization management representatives.
- Loads and unloads trucks and other conveyances; moves supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrows or hand trucks; stacks materials for storage or binning; collects refuse and salvageable materials.
- Transports equipment, furnishings and appliances to job sites.
- Repair and fabricate window and door screens and frames
- Digs/fills and tamps earth excavations; levels grounds using pick, shovel, tamper and rake; shovels concrete; cleans culverts and ditches; cuts tree and brush; operate power tools and lawn mowers.
- Removes floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood. Removes damaged drywall.
- Operate power blowers or use brooms to clean roof tops, sidewalks and driveways of leaves and debris. Ensures work-site cleanup.
- Maintaining vehicle and vehicle inventory as prescribed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Vocational or College education preferred.
- First Aid/CPR preferred.
- Must have a current vehicle license in good standing and meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy.
- Ability to utilize a mobile device including applications, email, and internet.
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
WinnCompanies is a fast-growing, award-winning national housing development and property management company with 3,000 team members working in 22 states and the District of Columbia. We offeropportunities for growth across the country. One-third of our team members were promoted to the positions they hold today.
We are always looking for outstanding team members who work with a passion for excellence, a can do results-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality. Our most successful team members are hardworking, responsible, customer-oriented individuals who are committed to improving the communitieswhere they work.
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. Nearly half of our workforce is comprised of women or minorities. In addition to training and recognition programs to help you succeed, we offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, and a generous 401(k) plan.