Installation, Maintenance, Repair, Real Estate/Property Management, Site Personnel - Maintenance
The Service Technician reports to the Property Manager under the supervision of the Service Manager and performs general maintenance and repair to ensure apartment units and other property facilities are in good working order. Responsibilities include diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units; electrical appliances, outlets, and light fixtures; plumbing, carpentry, and locks. The Service Technician follows a planned preventative maintenance schedule and follows up with residents after repairs are complete. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with preparing vacant apartment units for rental and also landscape and renovation projects.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values. Those values include: ? Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual ? Communicating openly and with integrity ? Embracing opportunities ? Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
All MAA associates must successfully clear a background investigation to include, but may not be limited to: criminal background check, pre-employment drug screening and an employment verification process. Must be flexible and able to work a varied schedule, including weekends and some holidays as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Receives requests for service maintenance, prioritizes work orders and handles each in the most efficient manner.
2. Examines and diagnoses problems with heating, ventilation and air conditioning units for property facilities. Determines the best method to repair or replace all or part of the unit. Makes repairs and/or replacements according to standard. Performs preventative maintenance on HVAC units by replacing filters, cleaning coils, etc.
3. Repairs and replaces furnished kitchen appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, washers and dryers. May contact an outside vendor to make more advanced or severe repairs or replacements.
4. Performs minor to moderate-level plumbing repairs, replacements, and/or installations including repairing leaks and removing clogs in sinks and toilets.
5. Performs minor electrical repairs and replacement of light fixtures and related items.
6. Repairs locks and other miscellaneous items.
7. May perform painting projects ranging from full interior painting of property units to minor touch up and repair of walls and woodwork.
8. May perform “make ready” projects for the preparation of vacant units available for prospective tenants.
9. Cleans carpets as assigned.
10. May perform swimming pool maintenance or other facility and/or landscape projects to ensure property aesthetics meet or exceed standards.
11. Adheres to MAA safety and hazard communications programs, policies and procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
12. Works irregular hours (evenings, weekends), including on-call and overtime hours, as required by the MAA 24-hour routine maintenance guarantee.
13. Operates a motor vehicle to transport tools and materials between work sites.
14. Attends and participates in technical training programs to maintain and enhance knowledge and skills.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
Thorough knowledge of heating and air conditioning unit maintenance, trouble shooting, and repair
General knowledge of the repair and maintenance of appliances, lighting fixtures, and plumbing
Knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations and precautions?
Knowledge and skills to operate common and specialized tools for repairs and maintenance
Ability to visually inspect units, grounds, and other aspects of the property to determine adherence to standards
Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing with professionalism when interacting with tenants and property management
Knowledge and skills to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
Customer service and problem-solving skills
Ability to read, interpret and apply written instructions for repair and maintenance of equipment
Attention to details
Basic computer/technical skills to operate mobile computing or communications devices
High school diploma/GED and one to three years of experience in facility maintenance and/or mechanical repair required HVAC experience required EPA Type II or Universal and/or Pool Certification required at hire or within 90 days of assuming the position. CAMT is required in Florida only. Valid driver’s license from the state of residence required
Associate’s degree in a related technical or mechanical field preferred
Commercial maintenance experience with plumbing, electrical, and janitorial strongly preferred
Required to live within 30 miles of the property.
Required to furnish basic work tools.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk use hands and fingers to control objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The associate must be able to lift 50 pounds individually and up to 100 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons).
Must be able to see and read to complete forms, read reports, and visually determine the correct working order of physical aspect of units and other property facilities. Frequently needs to see small details.
While performing the duties of this job the associate primarily works in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions as well as dirt and/or dust.
We believe it is only through our greatest asset, our associates, that we transform properties into communities, and apartments into homes. If you are looking to join a company that is devoted to creating an atmosphere of excellence, and to creating a sense of community for our residents, then MAA is the perfect company for you! Explore MAA Careers for the opportunity that might be waiting just f...or you, or continue reading to learn more about the many benefits of working for MAA.MAA considers applications for employment submitted online only.________________________________________Benefits of MAAWe want to ensure that choosing to become an MAA associate is as much the right decision for you as it is for us. That is why MAA offers a variety of programs and benefits to meet your needs. MAA offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your needs, whether you are full-time or part-time, at the start of your career or heading into retirement. Here are just a few of the benefits MAA offers:•Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance •401(k) Savings Plan •Apartment Discount •Employee Stock Purchase Plan •Paid Time Off •Tuition and Certification Reimbursement •Life & Disability Insurance •Free Confidential Counseling •Supplemental life insurance