The On-Site Service Technician is often the single most responsible individual for resident satisfaction. Not only does the Service Technician play a key role in the resident's comfort, their service often includes more interaction with the residents than any other on-site personnel. It is therefore essential that the Service Technician portray a professional, courteous, and caring attitude while on the job. In addition to the requirements/qualifications listed below, the Service Technician is responsible for completion of the following duties:
• Observe all precautions as outlined in the “Personal Safety” policy in the Maintenance Manual.
• Complete resident requested service orders on a timely basis. (Lincoln standard turnaround time for completion of service requests is 24 hours, unless circumstances dictate otherwise.)
• Complete all assigned maintenance work on vacant apartments within the Lincoln standard of 7 days or 5 business days.
• Comply with all Housing Guidelines, OSHA regulations and any applicable laws in your area regarding health, safety, or environment.
• Maintain mold logs, MSDS sheets • Order maintenance supplies with approval from District Manager.
• Train newly-hired Service Technicians and/or Porters.
• Ensure building lights and timers are working properly.
• Install appliances as necessary.
• Consult with District Manager and/or Maintenance Director on major repairs, replacements and/or contracts.
• Attend meetings and seminars as requested by District Manager, Regional Property Manager or Maintenance Director.
The following qualifications must be met to be considered for the position of Service Technician
: • Must be able to lift 80-100 lbs on a regular basis.
• Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation with insurance and registration
• Must be able to live at the community at which you are employed, and be available to assist in after-hours emergency situations (not applicable in all regions)
• Must be available for night/weekend call duty
. • Must have the knowledge and ability to perform the following duties: a) plumbing repairs b) repair/replace locks, smoke alarms c) replace screens d) appliance repair/installation e) electrical repairs f) roofing inspection/minor roof repair g) change AC filters h) HVAC repairs (must have HVAC license if working with refrigerant) I) drywall repairs & painting j) replace broken windows k) carpet and pad repair/replacement l) comply with OSHA regulations
Additional Salary Information: Open
Internal Number: Port Hueneme
About Lincoln Military Housing
Lincoln Property Company was founded in 1965 as a developer and manager of high-quality residential communities. Their national reputation for successful management of their own properties quickly attracted a large client base of owners and investors who recognized the value that they could provide in development, property management and real estate consulting services, so they added third party management to their lines of service.
Lincoln Military Housing (LMH) was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. The mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's servicemen and women. Since its inception almost 15 years ago, Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Lincoln Military Housing not only provides professional property management and 24-hour maintenance services, the company prides itself in providing community building activities free to all residents. Lincoln Military Housing is available for members of the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines as well as Coast Guard and National Guard.
In making applicati...on for employment, you authorize LMH to make an investigation of your employment and personal history including conducting personal and employment-related references with former employers, neighbors, friends or others with whom you are acquainted. You understand that any subsequent offer of employment will be contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a more extensive background check occurring post offer. If you are extended an offer of employment, you must authorize LMH to conduct such further investigation including, but not limited to, a post-offer drug screen, a criminal background and credit check through investigative and/or credit agencies or bureaus of LMH's's choice.