The Regional Maintenance Trainer is responsible for coordinating, delivering and preparing all training related to the maintenance operations within their designated region. This position will provide training resources and tools to help improve performance and development of employees while delivering on LMH’s mission and core values. This includes facilitation of courses that are applicable to team member growth and LMH operations, technical maintenance skills, soft skills, and computer software learning. This position will also aid in evaluating team member’s performance and monitor for adherence to LMH policies and procedures.
Essential Duties include (but not limited to):
• Facilitates training courses applicable to LMH Maintenance operations (i.e. Yardi, Yardi Mobile training, customer service, operational training, compliance, onboarding, Standard Operating Procedures, Technical maintenance training etc.) to all maintenance team members.
• Promote and deliver on-site, one:one sessions, classroom, and webinar-based training sessions.
• Participates in the development of new training courses or special projects based on training needs.
• Deploys evaluations and assessments to measure training solutions effectiveness, retention application and impact to business.
• Recommends appropriate learning tools that are engaging, effective, and value-added to achieve course objectives based on Team Member’s needs.
• Responsible for the coordination and communication related to training including, invites, agendas, room set, training schedules, reports, documentation, class attendance, training recaps, and all other necessary training communication.
• Responsible for the updating, ordering and maintaining of training collateral and other materials associated with training.
• Coordinates internal and external resources in regards to planning, developing and delivering training to a designated location/property.
• Collaborates with operational team in audit reviews to ensure necessary training solutions are identified and facilitated to ensure compliance of all policies.
• Other duties not listed above as directed by Regional Vice President, Regional Maintenance Director, and the National Director of Training & Development.
The Regional Maintenance Trainer will report directly to the Regional Maintenance Director with direction from the National Director of Training & Development. Specific regional needs will be communicated from both positions in order to design schedules and programs that best meet the needs of the company and region.
• In-depth knowledge of maintenance operations, property management industry (preferred)
• Intermediate level understanding and experience in the following basic trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpet care, and appliance repair.
• Knowledge of learning and development best practices
• Excellent leadership and professional presentation skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional scheduling and organizational skills.
• Software proficiency specifically Yardi(preferred), Powerpoint, MS Word, Excel.
• Experience working with Learning Management Systems
• Knowledge of Fair Housing Law
• Previous demonstrated training experience preferred, classroom facilitation required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• The position requires mobility within the office and the ability to operate a computer, phone and other office machinery.
• Position requires bending and lifting. May require climbing stairs, moving of boxes/bins, walking, loading and unloading vehicles, pushing/pulling of carts, and standing for long periods at a time.
• Must be able to deal with a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment, including handling multiple tasks on a daily basis.
• Ability to lift up to a maximum of 30lbs.
• Position requires use of personal/company vehicle, ability to travel to multiple locations, must have valid driver’s license.
• This position requires anywhere from 50-75% travel, based on regional training facility locations. This includes travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
• Must be able to fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.
Internal Number: Ventura
About Lincoln Military Housing
Lincoln Property Company was founded in 1965 as a developer and manager of high-quality residential communities. Their national reputation for successful management of their own properties quickly attracted a large client base of owners and investors who recognized the value that they could provide in development, property management and real estate consulting services, so they added third party management to their lines of service.
Lincoln Military Housing (LMH) was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. The mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's servicemen and women. Since its inception almost 15 years ago, Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Lincoln Military Housing not only provides professional property management and 24-hour maintenance services, the company prides itself in providing community building activities free to all residents. Lincoln Military Housing is available for members of the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines as well as Coast Guard and National Guard.
In making applicati...on for employment, you authorize LMH to make an investigation of your employment and personal history including conducting personal and employment-related references with former employers, neighbors, friends or others with whom you are acquainted. You understand that any subsequent offer of employment will be contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a more extensive background check occurring post offer. If you are extended an offer of employment, you must authorize LMH to conduct such further investigation including, but not limited to, a post-offer drug screen, a criminal background and credit check through investigative and/or credit agencies or bureaus of LMH's's choice.