Assistant District Manager II – Responsible for assisting the District Manager with the day-to day operations of a multifamily residential community. Responsibilities include resident relations, customer service follow up, supervision of on-site personnel and various administrative functions. This role requires effective customer service skills, the ability to work efficiently and effectively and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s quality customer satisfaction standards.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities (but not limited to)
• Responsible for assisting the District Manager with the community budget and achievement of operational, financial goals.
• Assists with various duties including training, coaching and supervision of office staff.
• Helps prepare monthly financial accounting reports and explanation of budget variances.
• Assists with the auditing and processing of move outs, transfers, etc., ensuring accuracy and timely input.
• Ensures current resident files are properly maintained and all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
• Assists with the response and handling of community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. are within LMH Standard Operating Procedures to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
• Prepares various reports including variance reports, petty cash and expense reports.
• Promotes positive resident relations by ensuring resident concerns and requests are responded to on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction.
• Provides and assists incoming residents / potential residents with housing and community information.
• Supervises, trains, coaches and assists in the development of office staff team members.
• Participates in outreach marketing activities (i.e. market surveys, shop competitors) on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
• Performs other general office duties, i.e. phones, filing, special projects and assignments, as needed.
• Performs various administrative and computer tasks, email communications, input of information/data into various software and information systems (Payscan, Yardi, and other company-related systems.)
• Composing and distributing of correspondence / notices (rent collections, violation notices, reminders, community events, etc.).
• Participates in property walks / inspections (grounds, common areas, parking lots, community rooms, make-readies, quality control, etc.) to ensure community is well maintained according to LMH’s quality standards.
• Participates in and attends various department or regional meetings, resident functions, seminars, training and workrelated events.
• Complies with all federal, state and local applicable laws, including Fair Housing, OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment, and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
• Position requires 2 or more years of residential property management, supervisory experience preferred.
• Proficiency and working knowledge of personal computers, keyboard, internet search, email correspondence, math, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and other software applications preferred (i.e. Yardi, Payscan).
• Fair Housing certification, if not certified, must be obtained within 2 weeks of employment.
• Effective communication and interaction with management team, military partners, co-workers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and complete assigned duties to ensure operational objectives are achieved.
• Must possess a positive and professional demeanour in all interactions, under all circumstances.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required).
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, off-hours and emergencies, as required.
• Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
• Position may require climbing stairs and ladders, walking and standing for long periods of time.
• The position requires mobility within the office. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a scanner and copy machine.
• Must be able to deal with a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment, including handling multiple tasks on a daily basis.
• May require use of personal or company vehicle, or electrical cart.
• Must be able to fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.
Internal Number: 2501B
About Lincoln Military Housing
Lincoln Property Company was founded in 1965 as a developer and manager of high-quality residential communities. Their national reputation for successful management of their own properties quickly attracted a large client base of owners and investors who recognized the value that they could provide in development, property management and real estate consulting services, so they added third party management to their lines of service.
Lincoln Military Housing (LMH) was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. The mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's servicemen and women. Since its inception almost 15 years ago, Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Lincoln Military Housing not only provides professional property management and 24-hour maintenance services, the company prides itself in providing community building activities free to all residents. Lincoln Military Housing is available for members of the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines as well as Coast Guard and National Guard.
In making applicati...on for employment, you authorize LMH to make an investigation of your employment and personal history including conducting personal and employment-related references with former employers, neighbors, friends or others with whom you are acquainted. You understand that any subsequent offer of employment will be contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a more extensive background check occurring post offer. If you are extended an offer of employment, you must authorize LMH to conduct such further investigation including, but not limited to, a post-offer drug screen, a criminal background and credit check through investigative and/or credit agencies or bureaus of LMH's's choice.