Performs functions to plan, manage, and control the operation of a group of LIHTC and market apartment communities, while operating as Community Director for a minimum of one community. Works to achieve financial goals and preserve asset values.
Broad knowledge of a discipline, such as business or finance, with certifications in business or property management preferred. College degree in Property Management, Business, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Management or related field strongly preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years’ experience in multi-family housing required.
1. Responsible for completing duties as outlined in the Community Director job description for the directly assigned community. All other duties outlined below in this position description are related to the additional communities allocated that have their own assigned Community Directors.
2. Interview, hire, and train property management staff. Establish and communicate revenue, compliance, quality, and asset preservation goals and overall standards of performance. Ensure that all levels of staff receive appropriate training. Monitor results and provide guidance and support in resolving problems. Counsel and coach team members and appraise performance. Interpret company policy, rules and regulations, and maintain harmonious employee relations.
3. Work with property management staff as well as Regional Maintenance Coordinators and Directors to develop and recommend budgets and projections for each property to include occupancy, revenue, and expense goals based on competitive markets, demographics, historical records, and overall business objectives. Assess the requirements of each property and associated costs, and prioritizes and recommends capital improvement projects suited to achieve asset value preservation goals and market share.
4. Continuously monitor financial results, retention, compliance and occupancy rates. Identify and investigates budget / plan variances and work with property management staff to identify areas of focus and develop and implement strategies to accomplish specific business plans. Ensures that all financial transactions and reports are processed in keeping with requirements for accuracy and timeliness and within budgetary limits. Validate that each property completes Accounting Month End Checklist within prescribed timeframe; complete AME VRD checklist for each assigned community once per quarter. Complete full property inspection bi-annually. Provide required mentoring and technical guidance to assist staff in meeting financial goals.
5. Develop marketing strategies, monitor market trends and survey results. Partner with Revenue Management and strategic performance to revise rents and promotions as required to suit competitive environment, improve market share, and maximize revenue.
6. Periodically audit operations at each property to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures. Ensure that property financial records are current and accurate. Ensure that proper procedures are followed with regard to applicant certification, resident recertification, program, implementation delivery, and documentation to comply with LIHTC, market and other financing or regulatory requirements and files, records, and reports comply with regulatory and company policy standards.
7. Periodically walk properties to monitor conditions and ensures that properties meet the safety, security, and aesthetic standards to achieve financial plan and asset preservation goals. Work with staff to identify and prioritize capital improvement goals.
8. Monitor staff interaction with residents, prospective residents and in the delivery of programs and services. Ensure that the organization is well represented and that all customer service standards are met. Ensure appropriate response to resident concerns and provides support and guidance to staff in resolving more complex issues.
Internal Number: 19-304
About Concord Rents
ConcordRents is the national leader in high quality affordable rental housing. We are proud that over 50,000 residents choose to call our communities home. At Concord we offer a generous benefits package which includes 16 days of personal time as well as 7 days of company paid holidays within your first year of employment, medical benefits and 401K with contributions from the company. We also encourage our team members to take advantage of living at one of our exceptional communities, which may have housing discounts available. If you are looking for a meaningful place to work, are a top performer, and would like to build a long term career, please review our current career opportunities.