Tasks Duties Responsibilities
- Plans, delegates and performs up-keep of properties to include: Maintenance, building repair/turnover, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, finish work.
- Process, assign, schedule, and budget work orders in a timely fashion.
- Hire, Fire, Train, Coach, and oversee Maintenance Service Technicians.
- Hires and schedules all vendors/contractors.
- Oversees all bids, contracts to major projects and performs the final inspection to verify the completion of the project according to approved and signed contract.
- Order supplies, parts, tools and materials and keeps an update inventory.
- Prepare budgets and estimates regarding facility up-keep, maintenance, renovation and restoration by applying figure aptitude and knowledge of building systems.
- Provides support and supervises maintenance personnel.
- Remain familiar with applicable city and state building codes to ensure compliance.
- Keeps communication with Leasing Department of unit availability and make ready.
- Provide field inspections of HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical systems, as well as, Carpentry and Roofing.
- Develop and utilize a preventative maintenance schedule for properties.
- Have and facilitate positive customer interaction at all times.
- Respond to emergency repair situations.
- File for permits and inspections with local government agencies when required.
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department. Position reports to the Portfolio Manager.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. After hour calls are on rotation.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position with on call rotation, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Some overtime is required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five years' previous experience in a maintenance role
- HVAC Certification
- At least five years of Carpentry, Plumbing, and Electrical experience.
- Exemplary Customer Service skills
- Time Management skills
- Excellent Communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Management/ supervision skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5 years of supervising a maintenance team of 5 or more technicians
- Completion of Tech/ Vocational School
- EPA Certification
- Freon Handling Certificate
- Electrical Certification
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Proficient use with smartphones/tablets.
- Knowledge of Yardi property management software
- Must have own tools, we will provide larger equipment.
- Requires the ability to lift carry, push, pull medium weights up to 75 pounds
- Valid Ohio driver's license.
- Pass a Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Credit, and Criminal Background Check.
We offer industry competitive wages and benefits.? Comprehensive training is offered to all employees, with additional education offered to those interested in greater opportunities. Each employee must pass a national background check and full panel drug screening.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.? We are also a Drug Free Work Place.? Qualified applicants will also be required to pass a drug screening before receiving an offer or beginning employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.