The Property Manager reports to regional leadership and manages the operations of an assigned apartment community (440+ units) for MAA. Primary responsibilities include managing staff performance; marketing, leasing, and collections to generate revenue; resident relations and customer service to manage resident retention and satisfaction; administration of property maintenance, contracted services, and capital improvements to maintain aesthetics and manage expenses; compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations governing fair housing and safety.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values.Those values include:
• Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
• Communicating openly and with integrity
• Embracing opportunities
• Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervises all on-site staff, including hiring, training, supervision, and coaching and counseling.Determines and communicates productivity standards to maximize property performance and individual success.Evaluates performance to standards and makes compensation decisions.Works to achieve maximum performance based upon annual goals to increase revenue and other income.
• Determines the optimum rent based on market conditions and the level of rent concessions, if applicable.Uses a lease expiration board to plan for lease renewal management and to reduce the effects of large seasonal expirations.Performs leasing of units and making units ready for leasing as needed.
• Ensures the resolution of resident issues and complaints in cooperation with the staff.• Plans, executes, and attends social and other community events for residents.
• Communicates and shares information with staff to ensure that directives and goals are mutually understood and collects feedback.Ensures adherence to MAA policies and safety rules; complies with MAA policies for reporting incidents.
• Supports Open Arms and other initiatives that demonstrate and enhance Mid-America’s corporate culture.
• Establishes and monitors the property budget on a daily basis in accordance with established goals; keeps expenses in line with the budget.Ensures that all applicable deposits, rents, and other fees and ancillary revenues are collected and deposited.Submits invoices and all other accounting activities to the Accounts Payable Department for processing.Purchases necessary equipment and supplies for the community.
• Participates, approves, and manages marketing efforts to increase occupancy.Reviews marketing efforts to determine effectiveness.
• Works with the service team to manage property maintenance programs to ensure prompt and courteous responses to maintenance requests, an adequate supply of market ready apartments to meet leasing demand, and property appearance which meets or exceeds standards.
• Inspects the property regularly for quality and to assess and identify needs for improvement.Inspects maintenance repairs and available units for readiness.May inspect recently vacated units to assess needed repairs and replacement.Monitors, inspects, and assesses the property landscape and other attributes to identify and address potential safety hazards and concerns and to ensure quality property aesthetics.Operates a motor vehicle.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
• High school diploma/GED and three to five years of experience in property management, leasing, and/or hospitality or related experience in sales/marketing, operations management, or customer service required, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
• Supervisory experience required
• Valid driver’s license from the state of residence
• Knowledge of apartment management laws and regulations at the federal, state, and local levels
• Sales management and marketing knowledge, skills and abilities to sell products and services to new and existing customers
• Business and financial acumen to manage and control expenses
• Supervisory and leadership skills to delegate and manage the performance of others, including coaching, counseling, and development
• Ability to visually inspect units, grounds, and other aspects of the property to determine adherence to standards
• Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge and skills to manage projects, organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain appropriate discretion
Physical and Environmental Requirements
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds.
• This job operates in a professional office environment with occasional exposure to outside weather conditions.This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Visit www.maac.com to apply online.
Drug Free Workplace
Internal Number: 84271
About Colonial Grand at Hebron
MAA is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on the acquisition, selective development, redevelopment and management of multifamily homes throughout the Southeastern and Southwestern regions of the United States.
Our mission at MAA is to deliver superior service and value for our residents, employees and shareholders. We refer to this as creating "A Brighter View" and we are doing it every day.
In fact, we proudly display "Our Brighter View" plaques at every MAA office just to serve as a daily reminder of our focused mission. MAA is committed to remaining true to our rich tradition of service to each other, to our residents, and to our shareholders. We respect the privilege to providing value to those whose lives we touch.
Please click on the links below to learn more about MAA’s culture and corporate charity as well as view MAA’s Corporate Profile: