The Regional Leasing Consultant reports to the Regional Vice President and rotates among multiple properties within a geographic territory to facilitate leasing operations and support the financial performance of apartment communities for MAA.Primary responsibilities include interacting with prospective residents, communicating the resident value of living in an MAA community, and securing lease agreements and renewals.The position may also assist with property marketing and other activities by applying experience in leasing and/or the multi-family housing industry.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values throughout all aspects of MAA.Those values include:
• Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
• Communicating openly and with integrity
• Embracing opportunities
• Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
• Rotates among properties within a geographic territory to perform leasing of apartment units to prospective residents by communicating the value of residence at a MAA community.Provides additional leasing staffing coverage and support to designated properties as directed to achieve performance goals.
• Responds to phone and email inquiries from prospective residents.Applies sales techniques to schedule tours of the property.Meets with prospective residents and checks the availability of units based on preferences and budget.
• Collects required information from prospective residents to qualify residents for a lease.Completes all forms and data entry associated with leasing activities.
• Notifies prospective resident of approval or disapproval.Assists qualified prospective residents with completing lease agreement and collects initial rent and deposit payments.Assists new residents with the move-in process.
• Prepares and maintains a file for each resident according to policy and procedures.
• Proactively contacts residents with expiring leases to propose renewals and close the renewal of the lease in advance of the lease expiration.Communicates and reinforces the resident value proposition to overcome resistance and secure renewal agreements.
• Assists with marketing efforts in the community to promote positive awareness of MAA properties and increase traffic of prospective residents.Contacts prospective residents by phone to market MAA properties and schedule tours.
• Receives and corresponds with residents regarding service or other needs.Prepares work orders for service and triages requests to staff members as appropriate.Promotes positive resident relations and provides customer service and responsiveness to resident needs and concerns.
• Ensures adherence to MAA policies and safety rules; complies with MAA policies for reporting incidents.
• Supports Open Arms and other initiatives that demonstrate and enhance MAA’s corporate culture.
• Monitors the property landscape and other attributes to identify and report potential safety hazards and concerns and to ensure quality property aesthetics.
• Adheres to a varied work schedule, including weekends and some holidays, as required to facilitate leasing staff coverage and availability to current and prospective residents at properties as assigned.
• Attends and participates in training programs and events which may require air travel.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
• High school diploma/GED and 4 years of experience in leasing, sales, and/or customer service required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Valid driver’s license from state of residence required
• Bachelor’s degree with leasing experience strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of leasing practices, terms and conditions
• Flexibility and adaptability to rotate among different properties within a geographic territory to perform leasing functions
• Ability to travel for rotational leasing assignments, training, meetings, and/or events
• Sales knowledge, skills and abilities to sell products and services to new and existing customers
• Customer service skills and conflict resolutions skills to overcome objections and resolve issues
• Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing
• Organizational skills to maintain records and schedules
• Knowledge of apartment management laws and regulations at the federal, state, and local levels
• Ability to visually inspect units, grounds, and other aspects of the property to determine adherence to standards
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain appropriate discretion
Physical and Environmental Requirements
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds.
• This job operates in a professional office environment with occasional exposure to outside weather conditions.This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Visit www.maac.com to apply online.
Drug Free Workplace
Internal Number: 96879
About Colonial Reserve at South End
MAA is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on the acquisition, selective development, redevelopment and management of multifamily homes throughout the Southeastern and Southwestern regions of the United States.
Our mission at MAA is to deliver superior service and value for our residents, employees and shareholders. We refer to this as creating "A Brighter View" and we are doing it every day.
In fact, we proudly display "Our Brighter View" plaques at every MAA office just to serve as a daily reminder of our focused mission. MAA is committed to remaining true to our rich tradition of service to each other, to our residents, and to our shareholders. We respect the privilege to providing value to those whose lives we touch.
Please click on the links below to learn more about MAA’s culture and corporate charity as well as view MAA’s Corporate Profile: