The Regional Service Manager reports to the RVP or SVP and is responsible for managing the service operations of an apartment property on a temporary basis. The Regional Service Manager will help in developing the maintenance staff at assigned properties and to assist in hiring and training of maintenance personnel. An associate in this position will be assigned by the RVP or SVP to fill in at different properties, typically for short and medium assignments but long term assignments are possible. These assignments may be to work in the absence of the regularly assigned Service Manager, to assist at a troubled property, or work with an active Service Manager for miscellaneous reasons.When working with a property with a current Service Manager, the Regional Service Manager of that region may assist in any task needed on that property.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values.Those values include:
• Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
• Communicating openly and with integrity
• Embracing opportunities
• Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists assigned Property Managers and Service Managers in completing all tasks necessary to meet performance benchmarks, including but not limited to: supervising staff, ordering parts, scheduling vendor service, completing work orders, preventive maintenance, painting, cleaning carpets, etc.
• Assists assigned Property Managers and Service Managers in staff development, including interviews, coaching, and teaching to insure that proper procedure is followed.Leads, develops, and trains staff to meet established goals.
• Works as a Service Manager at an assigned property in the absence of a regularly assigned Service Manager.
• Mentors new Service Managers through “hands-on” training.Instructs Service Managers on MAA policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Supports the properties in day-to-day operational issues to insure that the properties’ needs are met and that MAA’s standards are upheld.Assists properties with solutions to short-staffed situations to ensure that property operations are maintained to MAA standards.
• Walks rent-ready units to insure that the maintenance team is upholding MAA requirements and reviews outstanding work orders and assists when needed.
• Reports adverse problems such as associate problems, financial liability, and asset conditions that may place property operations in jeopardy to Senior Management.
• Assists properties in finding solutions to maintenance problems.
• Assists with resident complaints and resolutions.Reports occurrences to RSDs, RVPs and SVPs.
• Frequently interacts and communicates effectively with residents, property staff and/or vendors to complete maintenance duties and requests.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
• High school diploma/GED and three years leading a maintenance operation at an apartment community, or equivalent experience required
• HVAC and pool certified required
• EPA Type II or Universal certification and other certifications as needed at the assigned property required
• Valid driver’s license required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Thorough working knowledge of apartment maintenance practices and procedures
• Skill in using common and specialized tools to efficiently make repairs and perform maintenance duties
• Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing with residents, vendors, and co-workers
• Skill in guiding and directing the work of others
• Skill in organizing multiple tasks at different locations
• Skill in using basic computer software
• Ability to travel to multiples sites on short notice
• Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate effectively verbally and in writing with residents, property staff and/or vendors
• Ability to work in disagreeable conditions, both outside and inside, for extended periods of time and to lift weights of over 50 pounds regularly
Visit www.maac.com to apply online.
Drug Free Workplace
Internal Number: 17881
MAA is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on the acquisition, selective development, redevelopment and management of multifamily homes throughout the Southeastern and Southwestern regions of the United States.
Our mission at MAA is to deliver superior service and value for our residents, employees and shareholders. We refer to this as creating "A Brighter View" and we are doing it every day.
In fact, we proudly display "Our Brighter View" plaques at every MAA office just to serve as a daily reminder of our focused mission. MAA is committed to remaining true to our rich tradition of service to each other, to our residents, and to our shareholders. We respect the privilege to providing value to those whose lives we touch.
Please click on the links below to learn more about MAA’s culture and corporate charity as well as view MAA’s Corporate Profile: