The Corporate Communications Manager develops communications and media relations strategies to engage customers, build or increase brand trust, and cultivate and maintain positive relationships with media contacts. This role will work on strategies in house and in collaboration with outside public relations firms ensuring brand integration, project planning, and execution are tactically accomplished.
1. Develops and executes targeted public relations strategies that generate feature coverage and related publicity to support achievement of the business development and financial performance goals of properties in assigned portfolio.
2. Partners with the marketing team and Enterprise Communications team to ensure a consistent and aligned approach to communicating individual property brands and the Greystar brand.
3. Maintains in-depth knowledge of industry and business/lifestyle trends to effectively make recommendations to operations and development/investment teams for PR needs based on overall division goals.
4. Pitches stories to the media, nationally and locally, and manages media inquiries and interview requests.
5. Counters negative publicity and handles crisis and emergency communications as needed.
6. Manages external PR agency relationship(s).
7. Maintains target media lists nationally and in all markets where Greystar operates, leveraging existing business, industry, and consumer media and influencer relationships while cultivating new contacts in concert with external PR agencies.
8. Collaborates with In-House Marketing team members to intake and fulfill on property PR work, to include creating and managing PR budgets, deadlines, objectives, and schedules.
9. Analyzes media coverage and reports on media activity.
10. Uses project management tools to manage deliverables, and to report on project requests and average project timelines.
Internal Number: R0026611
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.