This position is responsible for ensuring all administrative and support functions are completed for the department. Responsibilities may include providing assistance to support outstanding balance collection in an effort to achieve or maintain daily, weekly, and monthly targets and responding to inquiries (via phone and/or email). Additional responsibilities may also include partnering directly with community managers and their associates on various issues, as well as reviewing resident and/or collection files for proper documentation. Additionally, this position is responsible for collecting outstanding balances from residents and is responsible for achieving any established daily, weekly or monthly targets as well as address and actively work to resolve disputed accounts. This position will also be responsible for managing all deposit alternative partners of Greystar and filing claims as needed.
1. Respond promptly to client inquiries according to level of urgency and date submitted; properly recording detail of actions taken.
2. Provide Receivables systems support by receiving and processing move-out files, screening files and/or revision requests, responding to user requests and questions, researching and correcting system problems and following up with the end users to ensure satisfactory resolution of systems-related issues.
3. Prepare documents, letters, and other communication materials for internal and external distribution; types and spell- checks documents, complies with statutory notice periods and any relevant document retention policies.
4. Complete projects, tasks, assignments, and other work that is unique to the department; follows departmental policies and procedures, and meets standards, metrics, and other benchmarks used within the department for evaluating performance and results.
5. Communicate and coordinate with internal departments including organization of and participation in departmental meetings.
6. Audits files/statements received for accuracy, completeness and compliance with all applicable contract terms and federal/state laws, requests additional or missing information from Community Managers and associates; make any necessary revisions.
7. Enter data into internal systems for all files and support documentation received ensuring accuracy of information.
8. Make outbound calls regarding assigned accounts with outstanding balances and collect payments; achieve established budget quota and recovery percentage goals
9. Maintain accuracy of resident personal demographic and confidential information (i.e. names, addresses, DOB, social security numbers, etc.); ensure compliance with any/all applicable contract terms, company policies and/or state/federal laws.
10. Review and resolve disputes regarding information contained in assigned accounts.
11. Manage and file claims for communities utilizing a security deposit alternative. Ensure all claims are filed by the deadlines associated with claims collection, coordinate with security deposit alternative providers to obtain any necessary information.
Internal Number: R0026675
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.