The Senior Director of Claims leads the global claims function, oversees domestic safety activities, and supports the placement and administration of the global risk management program. This role actively drives improvement across the global claims function through process and technology, proactively managing adjusters and claims for resolution, and also moves communication cross-functionally to support Risk, Business Operations, and Legal in the triage, tracking, monitoring, and communication of contingent liability matters.
1. Leads and mentors claims and safety team members to provide growth opportunities and succession planning.
2. Leads and supports all Greystar insurable claim activities.
3. Oversees workers' compensation claims associate and safety senior associate.
4. Manages and maintains strong relationships with the various vendors, including property claim adjusters, broker claim representatives, and third-party administrators to ensure proper service standards are met.
5. Identifies and implements internal and external processes to streamline claims handling.
6. Oversees contingent claims matters, tracking matters from intake to resolution.
7. Drafts release agreements and resident advisory letters.
8. Responds to due diligence requests for disclosure of claims/litigated matters.
9. Leads reporting of the performance of the claims team through KPIs and identifies and communicates trends.
10. Actively leads various Management and Executive Management claims discussions and updates, providing status and insights.
11. Coordinates and ensures communication across various internal stakeholders (e.g., Risk Management, Legal, and Operations) and external stakeholders (e.g., claims adjusters, brokers, and clients) for accurate and timely processing of claims and appropriate handoff and resolution of contingent claim matters.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Internal Number: R0034460
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.