Supports the Project Manager in overseeing the on-time completion of larger and more expansive new development projects by planning and coordinating all construction-related activities, managing project-related costs and budgets, and providing ongoing communication and progress reports to the equity partners, executives, and other key business leaders.
* Participates in the activities associated with expansive development and large construction projects by reviewing project specifications, blueprints, and building plans, supervising the construction site personnel and contractors, inspecting and approving completed work, managing the project budget and expenses, and ensuring compliance with all safety, code, and construction-related codes.
* Participates in project planning meetings, reviews and provides input into the project's scope of work and specifications, and the timeline and construction schedule to ensure an on-time and on-budget project completion.
* Reviews bids and proposals from contractors and sub-contractors, develops, negotiates, and approves contracts, and provides for the acquisition of materials, supplies, and other service providers required to complete the project.
* Reviews and recommends change orders or amendments to the specifications, blueprints, and plans when appropriate, and ensures related documents and budgets are amended as needed to reflect changes to the project specifications.
* Monitors work at the construction site, makes routine quality control inspections for compliance to code and safety standards, troubleshoots and resolves issues that may affect the construction schedule, and appropriately surfaces concerns to key business leaders when required.
* Communicates with key business leaders to provide updates on the status of projects, surface and address concerns, and plan specific actions as needed to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of the projects.
* Conducts project site inspections as needed to monitor progress and support project-assigned team members, steps in as needed to address and resolve issues and problems, and recommends, approves, and implements modifications to the project plans, schedule, staffing, or budget as needed.
* Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
* Minimum 3 years of experience working on 2+ ground up construction projects.
* Strong organizational, time management and project management skills in order to effectively track, report and manage multiple projects and priorities where meeting deadlines is critical.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment with a wide variety of people, including owners, architects, subcontractors and business leaders.
* Critical thinker and self-starter capable of accomplishing a task with limited guidance and supervision.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.