Manages complex construction projects from the planning and design phase through project completion ensuring that project deliverables are successful, and that the project is completed in a cost effective and timely manner. The Senior Superintendent is responsible for planning all construction sequencing, resource allocation, subcontractor relations and cost management. Senior Superintendents foster an exceptional jobsite culture that promotes mentoring, growth and accountability for all field related aspects of the project.
* Develops a comprehensive understanding of the project strategy including financial goals, scheduling, project deliverables and inspections.
* Leads all daily field operations by managing subcontractors, ensuring site safety, quality control and construction progress.
* Partners with the Project Manager to maintain an accurate project schedule throughout the lifecycle of the project which reflects any changes in a project's status. The Senior Superintendent communicates and distributes the schedule to the field team and utilizes experience to identify problems and recommends solutions to mitigate delays.
* Leads and participates in various meetings such as project planning, project review, subcontractor meetings and OAC meetings.
* Oversees the development and closure of RFIs and review and approval of submittals.
* Communicates with key business leaders, owners and partners to provide updates on the status of projects, surface and address concerns, and plan specific actions as needed to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of new projects.
* Supports the project closeouts by supervising pre-punch activities and coordinating activities with the owner, architect and governing authorities.
* Assists in assembling the onsite construction team by selecting and assigning team members and subcontractors, and by managing their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
* Manages and publishes subcontractors' schedule on a weekly basis and reviews at the subcontractor meeting. Effectively measure quality and craftsmanship.
* Ensures required inspections are scheduled, coordinated, performed, tracked, and closed out.
* Promotes safety and site cleanliness on the jobsite and implements, enforces, and effectively manages Greystar's safety policy and procedures.
* Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
* Minimum 7 years of experience working on similar ground up construction projects with exposure to initial construction through delivery.
* Minimum 5 years of experience managing a team and subcontractors.
* Strong, time management, leadership and decision-making skills.
* Ability to be highly organized in day-to-day and long-term planning and execution, and to track and maintain complex schedules effectively.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively delegate and negotiate.
* Proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with team members, subcontractors and owners in order to foster an exceptional culture at the jobsite.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.