The Technology Services Analyst will participate in establishing and defining system improvement requirements for the Company's Property Management Software platforms by gathering, analyzing and reporting on data from clients, on-site and corporate team members. The Technology Services Analyst will assist in prioritizing projects related to system enhancements that will advance Property Management Software platforms to meet the organization's needs.
1. Work with the Customer Success team to develop and execute surveys and focus groups that gather Property Management Software performance metrics from customers.
2. Evaluates and analyzes the Property Management Software performance metrics to identify functionality gaps and software needs.
3. Partners with Product Management teams to develop strategies to improve product adoption for the RealPage, Yardi and Entrata software platforms.
4. Develops effective communication templates, promotional materials and engaging presentations.
5. Prioritize Property Management Software improvement projects to meet everchanging needs of the Company.
6. Attends and participates in presenting goals, roadmaps and metrics related to Property Management Software to the organization.
7. Collaborates on a regular basis with internal resource teams including but not limited to: Software Training, Operations, Conversions, and on-site and corporate team members.
8. Effectively engage and communicate with internal and external customers/clients.
9. Builds and maintains relationships with intra-departmental groups to support shared goals.
10. Actively contributes to team effectiveness by identifying issues and providing feedback and recommendations for system improvements, solutions, and course of action.
11. Ensures project parameters are documented, kept current and communicated regularly to the project stakeholders.
12. Owns tasks on projects related to implementation or enhancement of Property Management Software.
13. Tests, manages, and documents approved/denied status of integrations with internal Property Management Software.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.