Regional Training Specialist - MAA Colonial Village at Waterford
MAA Colonial Village at Waterford
Type: Full Time
Preferred Education: Masters
Site Personnel - Office & Leasing
Internal Number: 55695
MAA Colonial Village at Waterford
2801 Pavilion Place
Midlothian, VA 23112
Regional Training Specialist
$50K to $75K
Regional Training Specialist
The primary location for this position is Richmond, VA. This position will support MAA Communities in Washington, DC, Richmond, Charlottesville, and Fredericksburg.
The Regional Training Specialist reports to the Director of Talent Development and works with operations leadership to develop, implement, facilitate and evaluate training initiatives within an assigned geographic territory.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values.Those values include:
• Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
• Communicating openly and with integrity
• Embracing opportunities
• Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops, implements, and facilitates training on Yardi systems and applications for property management and leasing.
• Coordinates onboarding process to assimilate and engage new hires into MAA and communicate training plans through virtual and in-person interactions.
• Coordinates and facilitates new hire classroom training regionally based on business needs.
• Continually monitors progress of new hires during the defined post-employment onboarding period (e.g., 9 month program).Provides additional one-on-one training on an as needed basis.
• Partners with regional and property management to ensure new associates are set up for success in their careers with MAA.
• Collaborates with regional sales and marketing management to identify any leasing effectiveness training gaps.
• Conducts a thorough consultation with new hires in leasing regarding the results of mystery shops and opportunities for performance improvement.
• Provides general guidance to associates within assigned region(s) and provides feedback to common questions and concerns to corporate stakeholders.
• Facilitates leasing refresher training as needed.
• Travels within assigned region(s) and/or companywide to facilitate and/or attend training, meetings and events.
• Provides feedback on program improvements and edits to enforce a cycle of continuous improvement with the program.
• Attends regularly scheduled train the trainer (TTT) sessions with the Talent Development team.
• Previews and provides feedback on strategic initiatives training prior to roll-outs to the entire company
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of training and development practice and methods, including needs assessment and/or instructional design
• Knowledge of training theories and principles, including applied behavioral science, adult learning theory, organizational development, and/or industry-established models of evaluation
• Skill and ability to facilitate and conduct instructor-led and/or virtual training
• Ability to organize, manage and lead multiple projects
• Knowledge and ability to provide performance coaching and recommend learning solutions
• Professional written and verbal communication skills, including group facilitation, influencing and persuading others
• Attention to detail and analytical skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and design and presentation software (e.g., Microsoft Visio, Flash, Articulate, Captivate, Publisher, HTML)
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain appropriate discretion
• Ability to travel up to 50%, including overnight, for training, meetings and/or events
MAA recognizes that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding advancement opportunities.We offer a comprehensive benefits package* including, but not limited to, the following:
·Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
·Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holiday Pay
·Life and Disability Insurance
·401(k) Retirement Plan
·Opportunities for promotion and internal career advancement
*Eligibility for benefit plans and programs vary based on hours worked and length of employment.
We are committed to providing service excellence and value to those who depend on us at MAA. Our people-first approach has been transforming properties into communities and apartments into homes for over 25 years. As the largest owner-operator of multifamily apartments in the United States – we are established leaders in the real estate space – bringing tremendous opportunities to those looking to build their careers. We invite you to explore our Brighter View and find your place at MAA!
Drug Free Workplace
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, education or a related field and two years of corporate training, leasing and/or sales experience required, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Proficiency in presentation software applications (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio) and/or design programs (e.g., Flash, Articulate, Captivate, Publisher, HTML) required.
• Valid driver’s license from state of residence required.
• Leasing and/or customer service training and experience strongly preferred
• Master’s degree in instructional design or related field preferred
MAA is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on the acquisition, selective development, redevelopment and management of multifamily homes throughout the Southeastern and Southwestern regions of the United States.
Our mission at MAA is to deliver superior service and value for our residents, employees and shareholders. We refer to this as creating "A Brighter View" and we are doing it every day.
In fact, we proudly display "Our Brighter View" plaques at every MAA office just to serve as a daily reminder of our focused mission. MAA is committed to remaining true to our rich tradition of service to each other, to our residents, and to our shareholders. We respect the privilege to providing value to those whose lives we touch.
Please click on the links below to learn more about MAA’s culture and corporate charity as well as view MAA’s Corporate Profile: